Skip to main content

Personal Challenge: 100 Happy days



I take on various personal projects to challenge myself. Such as run 1 mile for 30 days or don’t get pissed for a week, take a fruit for a month.   I have succeeded many of these small challenges and failed terribly as well.  Not getting pissed was one of the hardest one. I aimed for 4 weeks and gave up after the 1st.
This time I am taking a very ambitious challenge that is why I am writing about it just so that I can keep on track.   A friend of mine is doing it on facebook.  She had already made couple of failed tries.
Let’s see how it goes for me. This is my 100 happy days challenge starting from March 3rd 2014.
I will write about something that made me happy for each day for 100 days.
Here I go.
Day 1(3.3.2014) - It was pouring so hard. I was struggling with my umbrella, laptop bad, purse to get my building badge out.  An unknown person pushed the access door button from inside to let me in. This kind gesture of a stranger made me happy today.

Day 2 (3.4.2014) -   I usually run outside. Since it's been pouring for couple of days in a row. I missed running. I decided to run on treadmill. I finished my 1st 5k of the year on a treadmill. My timing was not great. I am feeling accomplished and happy anyway :)

Day 3 (3.5.2014)-  I harvested my very first home grown mushroom.

Day 4 (3.6.2014) - I  have been summing up mu courage to see " Girl with a dragon tattoo" , as it  had some disturbingly vivid torture seen. Last night I finally watched it.  It reminded me how blessed my life is.  I am thankful and happy to have it.

Day 5 (3.7.2014) - I had favorite comfort dessert  apple chimini cheesecake.  This was a whooping 880 Calories, but it was soooooooo good !

Day 6 (3.8.2014) - I lend a person some money in time of need. He always told me he will repay me when things get better. After the things has gone better, he never mentions it. Since money is a sensitive topic, I was not comfortable to ask for it.  Today I finally gather up the courage to ask for my money back. It felt very good.

Day 7 (3.10.2014) -  Yeameen played guitar singing one of my all time favorite song (Hero by Enrique Iglesias) . It made my day.

Day 8 (3.11.2014) - I bought Yeameen a mi-coach. Seeing him so excited to explore his new gift, made me very happy.

Day 9 (3.12.2014) - It was so sunny after couple of days of continuous rain. I took a walk during lunch. On my trail a noticed a almost dead  cherry tree started to have some flower. Spring is almost here !!!

Day 10 (3.15.14) - We  caught a quick weekend gateway to San Fransisco , CA . It was really nice to catch some sun and enjoy San Fran . Traveling always makes me happy :)

Day 11 (3.16.14) - I tested chowder soup on my first trip to San- fran  2007. Ever since I became a big fan of that. On this trip I was trying to find one w/o beacon.  1st day went in vain....finally I found one on the 2nd day. I loved every bit of it.

Day 12 (3.18.14) - I made aloo gobi ( Cauliflower- potato curry). This is the first time in my cooking history I followed the recipe like a bible.  It took out the guess work ( Creative !!!) out of cooking. It turned out quite good. We enjoyed it :)

Day 13 (3.19.14) - Today I looked into some MBA programs and found one, that really seems doable. I found my new determination towards get it done.

Day 14 (3.20.14) -  Yeameen took me to dinner in a very fancy seafood restaurant, where the food was tiny but very good. After that we went to see  Zakir Hussain , master percussionist. The concert was amazing. The music felt so live and surreal at the same time. I love our night out.


Day 15 ( 3.22.14) - We went to see cherry blossom at University of Washington (UW) campus. I was little disappointed, as it was a small stretch of cherry tree and very crowded. How ever I loved walking around UW campus. It reminded me of my college days. I found a new encouragement to go back for my masters.
Day 16 (3.24.14) - I was feeling down and it was raining. I missed my lunch time walking. All of sudden , the sun came. I decided to go for a walk in my came route. The cherry leaves fell in the rain. My walking trail was white with cherry petals. It feels like the nature is giving me a loyal treat :)
Day 17 ( 04.02.14)  - I received a care package from Rithia and Ammu. It made me feel so loved.
Day 18 ( 04.05.14) - Happiness is having Afghan parata from Houstion  in Seattle.
Day 19 (04.06.14) -  Happiness is planning for future with the person I love.
Day 20 (04.08.14) -   I love reading people's email signatures. People put some famous quotes. One I found today resonates with me. "A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing."  by Oscar Wilde.
Day 21 (04.10.14) - My mom is leaving U.S. today.  Just as I saying her good bye, I received an unexpected call from a old pal. Talking to a old friend cheered me up.

Day 22 (04.12.14) I finished my cross- fit  beginners series training. I am not a athletic person. It was hard. I was terribly sore at the beginning.  However I am so proud that I stick to it and completed the series.
Day 23 ( 04.13.14)  We went to see the Tulip festival. It was memorizing to see acres of full bloom tulips in various color. On our way back, we stopped at a mall and Yeameen bought me a purse . Me happy.
Day 24 (04.14.14)  Today I learned , my baby sister got a big fat raise at her job. I am very proud of her.
Day 25(04.15.14)  Some days happiness is just breaking the diet  and reach out to your favorite comfort food BBQ flavored potato CHIPS. Guilty !
Day26 (04.16.14) I have to make a  left turn on a rolling street  w/o lights in rush hour. I am very scared to take the turn and extremely cautious.  Today on m way back I saw three cars  crashed at this place. I felt so sorry for the people involving in the crash and Thankful that I  am not one of them.
Day 27 (04.23.14) -  Today I learned about  Coco de Mer, world's largest seed. Had a good laugh seeing it's various images online.  If you decide to google , it might not be safe for work. :)
 Day 28 (04.25.14) -  I made Yeameen a Bollywood movie with me. He is anti Bollywood movies. We watched Race 2 . It was a feel good movie, if you can ignore the technical details. He seemed too  enjoy it little too much. It was fun watching him watch the movie.
Day 29 (04.27.14) -  I rode a bike for the first time in my life. Yes I did fell one time. I could not balance it. However, I am happy for the experience. I want to learn :)
Day 30 (05.03.140) - Today we went to the first hike of the season. It was a easier but long hike almost 9 mile.  We ran through couple of showers. It was perry pretty when we reached the top.
Day 31 (05.11.2014) - Yeameen bought me my first bike today. Now, it's time to learn biking :)
Day 32 (05.12.2014) - I received recognition shout out from supply chain Director for my process improvements and it also selected for innovation challenge :)
Day 33 (05.13.2014) - I watched the movie  World war Z .I never thought I would like a zombie movie.  The making of this movie was great and Brad Pitt was phenomenal. Overall a good movie.
Day 34 (05.17.2014) - I took Yeameen to Seattle symphony's presentation of Mozart for our anniversary. They played Symphony No. 70 in D major, Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 9 in E-flat major, K. 271, Mozart: Symphony No. 36 in C major. I have never been to Orchestra. I kind of melted with the music.
Day 35 (05.18.2014)  - We went to Gingko Petrified Forrest national park over the mountain to escape the rain. The difference in landscape between eastern and western Washington is day and night. The park itself was OK. On our way back, we stooped at a local restaurant named roadhouse Grill. It was a typical burger and fries type place; hard to find vegetarian option. I tried there portobello mushroom burger. It is hands down the best burger I ever had. Loved it. In the evening , Yeameen took me to a music bar. It was quite fancy. I enjoyed the jazz and wine :).
Day 36 (05.19.2014) - I received recognition for my process improvement implementation from  Supply chain organization.  It was nice pat in the back.
Day 37 (05.20. 2014) - Rithia sent a bonsai tree for our anniversary. It was a great surprise. I love it.
Day 38 ( 05.22.2014) - We flew up in a propeller plane (Q 400) to Montana.  It was my 1st time in such a small plane. It was noisy. However , free wine was served.
Day 39 ( 05.23.2014 ) - We drove from  Billings, Mt to Yellowstone national  park. Yellowstone is world's first national park. It habitats a wide variety of word animal. It has very unique Geo thermal features.   As soon as we entered the park we saw large bison crossing the road. I was scared. In the evening we went to see West Thumb Geyser Basin. We also saw some Elks in this area.
Old Faithful Geyser
Day 40 (05.24.2014) - We went to see Old faithful geyser . It erupts every 91 minutes. I have never seen anything like this before. We went to see grand prismatic spring after that. We did a 10 mile hike to see the Spring. It  is my personal best.
Grand Prismatic Spring

Day 41( 05.25.2014) - We drove north to see the Lamar valley, tower falls and mammoth hot spring. We herd there are lots of wild animal in clear visibility. We saw lots of bison, elks, some mule deal, snake, beaver, American pelican. We saw some people watching grizzly bear with high power binocular. We were pretty disappointed as we didn't have any. In late evening , when we are retuning to our hotel, we a black bear, literally 3ft away from us. It was an amazing experiance.
Morning Glory Pool
Mammoth Hot Spring area
Day 42 ( 05.26.2014) - We went to see mud volcano in the morning. Then we decided to visit Grand Teton national park in the south. We drove back to billings for 6 straight hours to catch our flight back. Unfortunately, we missed our plane. We rented a car and decided to drive back 900 mile to Seattle, WA.  As soon as we started , we got into a severe thunderstorm. We had to take shelter. After the thunderstorm passed away we drove for 3 more hours, then stop for the night at Bozeman, MT.

Day 43 ( 05.27.2014) -We drove 700miles from Bozeman , MT to Seattle ,Wa in 9 hours. I drove about 4 hrs and Yeameen did the rest. We never been in such a long , exhausting trip before. It was a great bonding experience  for us.

Day 44 ( 05.28. 2014) -   Lady gaga  cancelled on me for the second time. Some how I felt relieved.  I did not wanna do anything after such a long exhausting trip.

Day 45 ( 05.29.2014) - We went to cross-fit after a entire week. I lifted my personal best 45lb hang power clean and 16" box jumps. I am very proud of myself.

Day 46 ( 06.03.2014) -  We ran out of food at home and it's just Wednesday. After a morning session of killer work out session, I came to work feeling, I have to go back home and cook. Those who know me, that cooking is a growling work for me. I do it only to survive not to indulge.  As I walk towards my desk I saw a home canned tuna jar sitting on my desk. You made my day Michale.

Day 47 ( 06.06.2014) - I got a test from my college roommate. We were best buddy at college.  We fell apart  after graduation. It was nice to catch up with old pal.

Day 48 (06.16.2014) - I leaned how to bike today and I did not fell.  I still need to work on my turns.

Day 49 ( 06.18.2014) - Yeameen and I went to a salsa class today. It was fun.  I am glad that we both enjoyed it and learned few steps. Now its time to find salsa club in Seattle :)

Day 50  ( 06.22.2014) - I biked for 2 hours with little stopping :) . It was so much fun. I still need to work on gear change and turns though.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

টোনা টুনির গল্প

এক দেশে ছিলো এক টোনা আর এক টুনি। এক ছুটিরদিন সকালে টোনা, টুনিকে ডাকিয়া কহিল -“টুনি ভাপা পিঠা খাওয়ার শখ হইতেছে।” শুনিয়া টুনি ফ্রিজ খুলিয়া দেখিল, কেবল শুকনো রুটি আর পনির পড়িয়া আছে। টুনি বলিল – -“ফ্রীজে কিছুই নাই। বাজার হইতে ভাপা পিঠা রাধিঁবার সরঞ্জাম লইয়া আস। - টোনা শুধায় “কি কি লাগিবে ফর্দ দাও।” টুনি পড়িল মহা চিন্তায়, ভাপা পিঠা কি উপায়ে রাধেঁ , কি কি লাগে সবই তো তার অজানা। ভাবিতে ভাবিতে ঘরের কোণায় যত্ন করিয়া রাখা দেশ বিদেশের পিঠা বইখানি টানিয়া লইলো। তাহা হইতে যাহা যাহা দরকার সব লিস্ট করিয়া টোনাকে দিয়া বলিল – “তাড়াতাড়ি এইসব লইয়া আস।” বিরস মুখে বাজারের থলি হাতে টোনা বাহির হইল। টুনি ভাবে, মায়ের কাছ থেকে ভাল উপায়ে ভাপা পিঠা রন্ধন প্রনালী শিখিয়া নেয়া দরকার। মাকে ফোন করিয়া ঘটনা জানাইতেই তিনি টোনার উপর যারপর নাই চটিয়া গিয়া কহিলেন- -“টোনা তাহার কন্যা কে পাহিয়াছে কি? ছুটির দিনেও রান্নাঘর থেকে ছুটি দিতেছে না।” অবস্থা বেশি সুবিধার না আঁচ করিয়া টুনি ফোন রাখিয়া দিয়া ভাবিল শ্বাশুড়িমাতার কাছ থেকেই না হয় শিখিয়া লওয়া যাক। ঘটনা শুনিয়া শ্বাশুড়িমাতা “টোনার দুর্ভাগ্যের জন্য যারপর নাই দুঃখ প্রকাশ করি

হাড়ে হাড়ে চিনি তোমায়...

হাড়ে হাড়ে চিনি তোমায় কচু ভালোবাসো আমায়' আমার লগে কর অভিনয়... জানি তুমি, চক্ষু দু’টা বাইন্ধ্যা রাখস্‌ সামনের বাড়ির জানালায়।। ফাজিল মাইয্যার নাম কি জানি, শিবানী না কি সর্বানী, মাইয্যার চোখে মুখে জ্বলে রাশি রাশি শয়তানি। রাশি রাশি শয়তানি রে… ইশারাতে চলতাছে চলুক, লোকে বলতাসে বলুক। আমার সংসারে যদি আগুন জ্বলে তবে, রিপোর্ট করব চাচার থানায়, প্রেম কর বইয়া জেলখানায়। মনে রাইখো এই কথাটি, প্রেম কইরা করস বিয়া, তোমের ঘরে আইলাম আমি, সব কিছু ছাইরা দিয়া, সব কিছু ছাইরা দিয়া হায়!! সেই মনুমেন্টের নিচে বইয়া, ফুচুফুচু কথা শুনাইয়া, আও গ্রাম ঘাটের ধারে, প্রথম প্রেমের কবিতা পইড়া, আমারে পাগোল বানাইলেও, পরাণ হয় পাগোল, উঁকিঝুকি মাইরো না আর, ছিঃহ্‌!! এ সকল কি তোমার মানায়??

ভাবনাগুলো এলোমেলো

সবকিছু বড্ড বেশী ধোঁয়াশা লাগে আজকাল।  পৃথিবী নতুন লাগছে। নাকি আমিই হয়তো বদলে গিয়েছি। কিংবা আমি না সময়টাই বদলে গিয়েছে। গতকাল একটা ফর্ম পূরণ করতে গিয়ে খেয়াল করলাম বয়সের ঘরটা্র  পরিবর্তন হয়েছে।  বদলে গিয়েছে আরো অনেক কিছুই। সবাই সেমেষ্টার  ফাইনাল পরীক্ষার জন্য পড়ছে। আমার স্কুল নেই, বই নেই, পরীক্ষা নেই। কখনো ভাবিনি পরীক্ষা নেই বলে অফসোস করবো !!! হয়তো আমিই বদলে গিয়েছি অনেক বেশি। জীবনে এসে পড়েছে অনেক দায়িত্ব। অচেনা কিছু মানুষ নতুন সম্পর্কের টানে আপন হয়ে উঠেছে; আবার আপন কিছু মানুষ অদ্ভূত নির্লিপ্ততায় দূরে সরে গেছে।  স্বতঃস্ফূর্ত জীবনের মাঝে ঢুকে গিয়েছে  হিসাব নিকেশ, অনেক প্রত্যাশা আর  হতাশা। আর ঠিক এক সপ্তাহ পরে চলে যাচ্ছি নতুন একটা শহরে।  অনিশ্চিত জীবনে।  আবার কখনো হয়তো ফিরে আসবো এই চেনা শহরে, কিন্তু তখন কী আজকের চেনা মানুষ গুলো এমনই থাকবে?? সব পরিবর্তনের সাথে মানিয়ে নেয়ার প্রাণপণ চেষ্টা করতে গিয়ে যেন তলিয়ে যাচ্ছি।