Skip to main content

Living on a Jet Plane


March 03 2006, I left my home country. This was the day, when I had to say good bye to not only my friends and family but also to my homeland, where I grew up and lived 19 years of my life. It was a very emotional moment for me.

I can remember the day in every detail. I woke up very early that morning. My cousin came to see me. I could not talk to her. My voice could not reach my throat, everything I had to say, came out from my eyes. I started crying. She was trying to make me calm down but I could not hold my tears.

You cannot cry for long. So, we started talking and packing stuff for the departure. My mom cooked some of my favorite dishes for lunch. The whole family had our lunch together. Usually we have some table talk over lunch, but that day nobody seems to incline to talk. Everybody was sad for upcoming departure. I tried to tell some jokes. They laughed at those. But I could clearly see their tears underneath all the laughs.

After launch my friends came to say hello and may be goodbye. They took me on a walk to the streets I have walked thousands of time. But it was different that day. I realized, I won’t be walking along these streets anymore. My familiar street seems very new. I was walking down it as if I were a little girl, who just learned to walk. All of a sudden I sat down in the middle of the street and asked them to give me a moment alone. I wanted to say goodbye to the street, I grew up. The cars were honking at me. So, I had to cut it short. We came back home. My friends were trying to make me laugh. The thought, that I won’t be able to see them every now and then, filled my eyes with tears.

At the evening I started to get ready for the twenty eight hour journey. My sister was helping me. I always forget things while traveling. She was double checking everything that I should take. Oh! God, how can I do without her? But, I had finished all my tears for the day. I couldn’t cry. All my emotions, was cutting thorough my heart, as sharp knives. I couldn’t say a word. Instead, I hugged her tight. I was trying to say her goodbye with my hugs. It was so hard to speak. I didn’t know when I am going to see her again.

My uncle came to take me to the airport. He put very laud rock n roll music in the car to cheer me up. At, that time I took a promise to myself that I won’t cry anymore. If this was the last time, seeing the people I love and care, I wanted them to see my happy face. It seemed the hardest promise. I said goodbye to my family and friends, who came to see me off, with a fake smile on my face.

I checked in, and finished all the security measure. The air hostess greeted me on board. I knew, as soon as the plane leaves the runway my life will change for ever. It was very dark at night. I could not see anything outside from the tiny airplane window. The pilot announced the departure and turned off all the lights inside. I was so eager to see my homeland one last time in the dim light of the runway. I said Good bye to my country and suddenly I realized I had failed to keep my promise.

Get this widget | Track details |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

টোনা টুনির গল্প

এক দেশে ছিলো এক টোনা আর এক টুনি। এক ছুটিরদিন সকালে টোনা, টুনিকে ডাকিয়া কহিল -“টুনি ভাপা পিঠা খাওয়ার শখ হইতেছে।” শুনিয়া টুনি ফ্রিজ খুলিয়া দেখিল, কেবল শুকনো রুটি আর পনির পড়িয়া আছে। টুনি বলিল – -“ফ্রীজে কিছুই নাই। বাজার হইতে ভাপা পিঠা রাধিঁবার সরঞ্জাম লইয়া আস। - টোনা শুধায় “কি কি লাগিবে ফর্দ দাও।” টুনি পড়িল মহা চিন্তায়, ভাপা পিঠা কি উপায়ে রাধেঁ , কি কি লাগে সবই তো তার অজানা। ভাবিতে ভাবিতে ঘরের কোণায় যত্ন করিয়া রাখা দেশ বিদেশের পিঠা বইখানি টানিয়া লইলো। তাহা হইতে যাহা যাহা দরকার সব লিস্ট করিয়া টোনাকে দিয়া বলিল – “তাড়াতাড়ি এইসব লইয়া আস।” বিরস মুখে বাজারের থলি হাতে টোনা বাহির হইল। টুনি ভাবে, মায়ের কাছ থেকে ভাল উপায়ে ভাপা পিঠা রন্ধন প্রনালী শিখিয়া নেয়া দরকার। মাকে ফোন করিয়া ঘটনা জানাইতেই তিনি টোনার উপর যারপর নাই চটিয়া গিয়া কহিলেন- -“টোনা তাহার কন্যা কে পাহিয়াছে কি? ছুটির দিনেও রান্নাঘর থেকে ছুটি দিতেছে না।” অবস্থা বেশি সুবিধার না আঁচ করিয়া টুনি ফোন রাখিয়া দিয়া ভাবিল শ্বাশুড়িমাতার কাছ থেকেই না হয় শিখিয়া লওয়া যাক। ঘটনা শুনিয়া শ্বাশুড়িমাতা “টোনার দুর্ভাগ্যের জন্য যারপর নাই দুঃখ প্রকাশ করি

হাড়ে হাড়ে চিনি তোমায়...

হাড়ে হাড়ে চিনি তোমায় কচু ভালোবাসো আমায়' আমার লগে কর অভিনয়... জানি তুমি, চক্ষু দু’টা বাইন্ধ্যা রাখস্‌ সামনের বাড়ির জানালায়।। ফাজিল মাইয্যার নাম কি জানি, শিবানী না কি সর্বানী, মাইয্যার চোখে মুখে জ্বলে রাশি রাশি শয়তানি। রাশি রাশি শয়তানি রে… ইশারাতে চলতাছে চলুক, লোকে বলতাসে বলুক। আমার সংসারে যদি আগুন জ্বলে তবে, রিপোর্ট করব চাচার থানায়, প্রেম কর বইয়া জেলখানায়। মনে রাইখো এই কথাটি, প্রেম কইরা করস বিয়া, তোমের ঘরে আইলাম আমি, সব কিছু ছাইরা দিয়া, সব কিছু ছাইরা দিয়া হায়!! সেই মনুমেন্টের নিচে বইয়া, ফুচুফুচু কথা শুনাইয়া, আও গ্রাম ঘাটের ধারে, প্রথম প্রেমের কবিতা পইড়া, আমারে পাগোল বানাইলেও, পরাণ হয় পাগোল, উঁকিঝুকি মাইরো না আর, ছিঃহ্‌!! এ সকল কি তোমার মানায়??

ভাবনাগুলো এলোমেলো

সবকিছু বড্ড বেশী ধোঁয়াশা লাগে আজকাল।  পৃথিবী নতুন লাগছে। নাকি আমিই হয়তো বদলে গিয়েছি। কিংবা আমি না সময়টাই বদলে গিয়েছে। গতকাল একটা ফর্ম পূরণ করতে গিয়ে খেয়াল করলাম বয়সের ঘরটা্র  পরিবর্তন হয়েছে।  বদলে গিয়েছে আরো অনেক কিছুই। সবাই সেমেষ্টার  ফাইনাল পরীক্ষার জন্য পড়ছে। আমার স্কুল নেই, বই নেই, পরীক্ষা নেই। কখনো ভাবিনি পরীক্ষা নেই বলে অফসোস করবো !!! হয়তো আমিই বদলে গিয়েছি অনেক বেশি। জীবনে এসে পড়েছে অনেক দায়িত্ব। অচেনা কিছু মানুষ নতুন সম্পর্কের টানে আপন হয়ে উঠেছে; আবার আপন কিছু মানুষ অদ্ভূত নির্লিপ্ততায় দূরে সরে গেছে।  স্বতঃস্ফূর্ত জীবনের মাঝে ঢুকে গিয়েছে  হিসাব নিকেশ, অনেক প্রত্যাশা আর  হতাশা। আর ঠিক এক সপ্তাহ পরে চলে যাচ্ছি নতুন একটা শহরে।  অনিশ্চিত জীবনে।  আবার কখনো হয়তো ফিরে আসবো এই চেনা শহরে, কিন্তু তখন কী আজকের চেনা মানুষ গুলো এমনই থাকবে?? সব পরিবর্তনের সাথে মানিয়ে নেয়ার প্রাণপণ চেষ্টা করতে গিয়ে যেন তলিয়ে যাচ্ছি।